Adjective: Fuliginous (fyoo-LIJ-uh-nus)
1. Sooty, obscure or murky.
2. Having a dark or dusky color.
Sample sentence: Theo's journalism professor encouraged him to eschew fuliginous prose in...
Adjective: Gnomic (NOH-mik)
1. Characterized by aphorism.
2. Given to the composition of aphoristic writing.
Sample sentence: Some critics have praised the young artist's gnomic utterances, while...
Adjective: Roseate (ROH-zee-ut)
1. Resembling a rose especially in having a pink color
2. Overly optimistic: viewed favorably
Sample sentence: Her memories of her childhood are pleasant,...
Adjective: Idiopathic (id-ee-uh-PATH-ik)
1. Arising spontaneously or from an obscure or unknown cause
2. Peculiar to the individual
Sample sentence: Some dogs have idiopathic epilepsy, which means...
Adjective: Intemperate (in-TEM-puh-rut)
1. Not moderate or mild: severe
2. Lacking or showing lack of restraint
3. Given to excessive use of alcoholic beverages
Sample sentence: The journalist...