Marquette, MI – September 1, 2017 – The Upper Peninsula Animal Welfare Shelter joined Super One Foods staff for another Labor Day Weekend cook out! With benefits at both Super One Marquette and Negaunee, the Great Lakes Radio crew was reporting live, right there in parking lots!
Both store fronts were packed as people came out to support our local animal shelter. Shoppers came to drop off items from the UPAWS Wish List and stayed for lunch! At just $3.00, visitors curbed their appetites with a brat, chips, and a pop, while the proceeds were donated to the shelter. The money raised from these fundraisers helps keep the animals fed and the doors open.
Ryan Ranguette from Fox Sports Marquette’s The Morning Sports Drive took a trip up to Negaunee to report live on Sunny 101.9. The Sunny Van was set up to play music for anyone eating under the tent while Ryan met up with Store manager Kevin from Super One Foods. Lynn from UPAWS was also around to chat with Ryan about the cookout.
Back in Marquette the Major popped across the parking lot to visit Super One Foods Marquette. Major Discount learned about the great Labor Day deals from Store Manager Ed, and Pete “the Meat Man” Kolbus at Super One before talking to Karen the Cat Lady from UPAWS.
This weekend shoppers can find discounts on local products like Keweenaw Brewing Company six packs for just $7.99 per pack! For the grill, Super One slashed prices to $3.99 on 8 to 9 oz boneless choice stripe steaks. Pair that with a side of sweet corn for just $0.29 an ear.
While our guys won’t be out on Saturday, the cook out and Labor Day sale does continue all day tomorrow! If you didn’t make it out today, swing by Super One Marquette or Negaunee for lunch from 11a -3p on Saturday and donate to our irontown based animal shelter. If you want to bring items for UPAWS, visit their Wish List.
The next Upper Peninsula Animal Welfare Shelter event will be Strut Your Mutt. Register by September 8th and bring your pup down to Mattson Lower Harbor to participate in the 1.5 mile walk or 5k run as well as a look a like contest and so much more!
Check out the audio below!
- The Major talks with Store Manager Ed from Super One Marquette
- Cat Lady Karen from UPAWS talks with the Major
- Pete “the Meat Man” Kolbus talks his famous brats
- Robert joins the Major!
- Pete Kolbus returns to give out his grilling tips
- Josh from the meat department promotes their awesome brats
- Ryan invites you to Super One Negaunee for lunch
- Ryan talks the great cause of the cookout that is UPAWS
- Ryan talks specials at Super One Negaunee
- Labor Day Party ideas from Ryan
- Lynn from UPAWS chats with Ryan at Super One Negaunee
- Super One Negaunee Store Manager Ed talks with Ryan