Since many of us sit at a desk for hours each day, good posture can big difference in how you feel. Good posture should be natural, but you may feel stiff at first if you’ve forgotten how it feels to sit up straight. Here’s what you should do:
1. Sit up with your back straight and your shoulders back. Your butt should touch the back of your chair.
2. All three curves of your back should be there when you sit. A small, rolled-up towel or lower back support can help you keep those curves.
3. Make sure your body weight is over both hips equally.
4. Bend your knees at a right angle. Keep knees even with or a little higher than your hips. Do not cross your legs and keep your feet flat on the floor.
5. Try not to sit in the same position for more than 30 minutes.
6. Adjust your chair and desk height so you can set up close to your work. Tilt your work toward you. Rest elbows and arms on your chair or desk. Keep your shoulders relaxed.
7. If your chair rolls or pivots, don’t twist at the waist while sitting. Turn your whole body.
8. When you stand, move to the front of the seat. To stand up, straighten your legs. Then stretch your back by doing 10 standing backbends.