Noun: Ratiocination (rat-ee-oh-suh-NAY-shun)
1. The process of exact thinking: reasoning.
2. A reasoned train of thought.
Sample sentence: Edgar Allan Poe's detective story "Murder in the Rue...
Adjective: Exigent (EK-suh-junt)
1. Requiring immediate aid or action.
2. Requiring or calling for much: demanding.
Sample sentence: The computer technician complained that customers' requests were...
Adjective: Recalcitrant (rih-KAL-suh-trunt)
1. Obstinately defiant of authority or restraint.
2. Difficult to manage or operate, not responsive to treatment: resistant.
Sample sentence: Anna's doctor ordered...