Negaunee, Michigan – October 22, 2018 – Visiting Chicago this past weekend was fantastic! There are so many things to do and see, it is impossible to fit it all in one weekend. My mom, sister, and I tried, though! We did a lot of sight-seeing rather than shopping, ton of exploration. We stumbled upon so many things that it would be a ridiculously long list for me to put here, so here’s the highlights:
- The Bean: Interesting! It was funny to see people taking selfies by it, because it was so reflective.
- 360 Chicago: Amazing. It was so cool to see the city like that from up on the 94th floor, and learn about the history of the construction of the building. You can see EVERYTHING from up there!
- 360 Sky Yoga: Incredible. It was a slow Vinyasa flow, and I enjoyed have the city view while practicing.
- Navy Pier: SO MANY THINGS. If it had been a bit warmer, we would have seen them all. But with the weather being pretty chilly, we walked onto the pier and checked things out.
- Gino’s East: My mouth is watering just thinking about this little restaurant. Such good deep-dish pizza! It was so delicious.
- Sunny Side Up: A cute little eclectic breakfast nook restaurant. I enjoyed it! The unique breakfast options were super tasty.
- Train: Riding the train was an experience all its own. It’s definitely something to get used to, as you have to learn where you need to go, which line to take, when to get off, etc. It was a bit confusing, but you could get used to it and be a pro at navigating it in no time.
- The Mart: It was so beautiful! There are so many architectural designs and large rooms that you could easily get lost during exploration.
- Millennium Park: This was my favorite. I thoroughly enjoyed walking through the gardens and seeing the fountains (even though they were turned off, they were still amazing). I even got to practice a few yoga poses in the park – always a win – and the tranquility of it all despite it being in the center of the city was a breath of fresh air.
As you can imagine, my quick weekend trip was just a mere sampling of what Chicago has to offer. If we would have had more time, I’m certain we would have been able to check out tons more. But that’s for another time. It also gives me an excuse to go back very soon!
Keep up with me on The Sunny Morning Show weekdays from 6-10AM on 101.9 Sunny.FM.