Marquette, Michigan – October 12, 2019 – Partnership Chair Cerona Stevens of the Marquette’s Superiorland Duplicate Bridge Club came on the 8th Day Radio Show with Todd Pazz to discuss the organization’s annual Sectional Bridge Tournament to be held in Marquette Thursday – Saturday, October 10 – 12. Bridge players from Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and areas of Canada join local bridge players for the three-day event. All bridge players are encouraged to participate.
All tournament games will be played at the Marquette Township Center on Commerce Drive. Play will begin at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday. A complete schedule follows:
Thursday, October 10
- 1:30 p.m. Session 1 Pair/Team Game
- 7:00 p.m. Session 2 Pair/Team Game
Friday, October 11
- 9:00 a.m. Session 3 Pair/Team Game
- 1:30 p.m. Session 4 Pair/Team Game
- 7:00 p.m. Session 5 Short-match Swiss Game
Saturday, October 12
- 9 :00 a.m. Stratified Swiss Game (two sessions, lunch provided between
sessions for a charge).
The entry fee for all sessions is $9.00 – $4.00 additional per session for unpaid ACBL Members.
NOTE: A player can play in as many sessions of the tournament as desired. Each session is independent of the others.
Questions may be directed to Karen Reese, (906-361-1441); Cerona Stevens (906-361-1324; Duane Fowler (906-225-1907).
Regular sessions are held at the Westwood Mall, 3020 US Hwy 41 W, Marquette, MI 49855
across from the hallmark store and next to Kohls.
Regular session schedule:
- Monday evenings, 6:00 p.m. Call Karen, 906-361-1441
- Tuesday afternoons, 1:00 p.m. Call Mike, 906-228-7933
- Wednesday evenings, 6:00 p.m. Call Tony, 906- 225-1047
- Thursday afternoons, 1:00 p.m. Call Duane, 906- 225-1907
- Monthly Sunday Swiss Teams, 1:00 p.m. Call Ronnie, 906- 361-1428