Marquette Fire Fighters Respond To Apartment Fire

Filed under: U.P. News Updates |
GLR News Update

GLR News Update

Marquette, MI – (Great Lakes Radio News) – Marquette City Firefighters responded to a structure fire overnight at 340 Whetstone Village Apartment #3.

They were called out just after 2:30 this morning when the resident said flames were seen and the building was evacuated.

Fire crews arriving on the scene found the fire had been put out with a fire extinguisher and it had started when a charging battery for an electric bicycle had overheated and caught on fire.

The floor of the apartment was damaged and the bicycle was destroyed.

No injuries were reported.

Share Sunny 101.9 WKQS Content with World!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr
  • Reddit
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • Print
  • PDF
  • StumbleUpon
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • BarraPunto
  • Bitacoras.com
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • RSS
  • Slashdot
  • Mixx
  • Fark
  • MySpace

Comments

comments